Laser Therapy for pets in Charlotte NC
Therapeutic laser therapy via the laser provides energy in the form of light waves that change cellular metabolism, which affects the production of endorphins and relieves pain. In addition, injured cells stimulated with the laser heal at a faster rate. When used after a surgical procedure, the therapeutic laser reduces pain, swelling, and inflammation.
Conditions that respond best to laser therapy include:
- Arthritic conditions, such as hip or elbow dysplasia
- Neck or back pain as in intervertebral disc disease
- Wound healing from either surgical or trauma
- Skin conditions such as lick granulomas, ear infections, and hot spots
- Soft Tissue injuries such as muscle, ligament and tendon injuries.
- Geriatric aches and pains such as degenerative joint disease
There is no patient sedation or restraint required, and the experience is usually pleasant and comforting. During each painless treatment, laser energy increases circulation, drawing water, oxygen, and nutrients to the damaged area. This creates an optimal healing environment that reduces inflammation, swelling, muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain. As the injured area returns to normal, function is restored and pain is relieved.
Although improvement is often seen after the first visit, the benefits of laser therapy are cumulative and most patients require several treatments for greatest benefit. We will work with you to determine a treatment plan for your pet’s specific condition.
Contact Brookdale Animal Hospital in Charlotte North Carolina to schedule your pet’s laser therapy appointment!